Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Furious of the Hurracane

Yes like I was saying, my dad had a petit argument about my action. Things had been passed. I thought everything would be ok. Things started to be worse because of the fairly economy in our petit house which very poor. It was like those houses that you only see in the movie town. My petit house was made all wood. It was simple but comfortable. We were living there for almost 14 or 15 years. I am not really sure. I barely remember much about when I was kid.

I do remember few things. This was impossible, the petit house where I used to live stay safe. I remember this day that we were passing by a terrible hurricane. The Pauline hurracane. I could not believe that our petit house aguanto(I don't know the word)... what a minute. My petit house resist the hurracane. I remember, my parents were outside of the house try to tie the techo (top of the house) to evite that the air take the roof out of the house. I was only a kid, I couldn't help so much. I was sitting in a almost sofa, my little brother was sleeping and I was taking care of him. It was tremensdously, the air was blowing so hard. We were in the middle of the hurracane. I was scared because my parents were outside tiering the roof. But at the same time I was safe because I hoping that my house could resist the hurracane. I wanted to see how the hurracane look like. I asked my mom that I wanted to see outside the house. My said "tu estas loco, esta muy feo afuera, quedate aqui dentro" (your are crazy, it is too bad outside, you better stay here). I was kind of courious that I wanted to see what was happening. Like my house was made of wood. It was litte separated bewteen the woods. I found it helpful that I stick my face close to one. I was trying to see outside. I was really terrible. All the tree were almost bending. The air was too strong I could barely see anything. I was hard to see if you wanted to drive. Nobody would be taking the risks.

I am not sure about how long this hurracane took place. What I do remember was that it was raining all day long. It was a school day. I was happy because I wasn't able to go school so I was the best thing to me. I was staying at home, taking my cafe con pan( coffee with bread) It was a good thing to me. But unanfourtanley, it was for others who were been affecteed by the furious of the huracan pauline.

Everything was passed already, but the next mornig everything was looking different because of the hurracane. It looking sad, very sad and lonely. When my mom asked to go to buy some tortillas. I saw peopl e trying to repair part of their houses. Others were not even there. Some of the house had parts took away by the strong air. Some trees were down or in the top of some houses. It was pretty sad. Everything looked weird. It was the effects of the hurracane.

1 comment:

Becky said...

What an event to live through! And, hearing it through the curious eyes of a young person is endearing-- it makes it less scary, even though it was a horrific event.